We recognise that the costs of seeking legal advice and support can be prohibitive. We have therefore created a fixed fee package of support for Parents and Carers. The costs can be spread out over the course of the case until it concludes. Alternatively, we can also agree a monthly repayment schedule so that the costs can be spread over 6 or 12 months.
For SEN Tribunal Appeals (all categories of appeal) we offer a fixed cost for our services with you. Given the nature of SEN Tribunal appeals this is broken down into two stages:
Stage 1: Advice and Preparation (£3,500 + VAT)
We will manage the appeal on your behalf and undertake all worked required to bring the appeal to a hearing. This includes the following support:
- Carrying out an initial case evaluation on the strength of the case.
- Discussing the case and providing you with a case plan setting out what is required to pursue the appeal.
- Ongoing liaison with you via telephone/email/ meetings as the case progresses.
- Preparing the appeal documentation and supporting evidence.
- Dealing with all correspondence with the Local Authority/School and LA professionals.
- Dealing with all correspondence with the Tribunal.
- Preparation of further information which will include, witness statements, costs schedules, information from your proposed school and any supporting school records/documentation.
- Preparation of the Working Document where the appeal relates to the contents of the Statement/EHC Plan.
- Pre-Tribunal meeting and preparation
- All travel costs and our disbursements.
Stage 2: Representation (£2,000 + VAT)
If the case is not settled and a hearing is required, we charge a fixed cost of £2,000. This fee covers all hearings that are required. Thus, if the case is adjourned or requires more than one day, no further charges are incurred.
Representation is always provided by an experienced solicitor-advocate, thus saving the need to pay for specialist legal counsel.
Why choose our fixed fee package?
- You can budget for bringing the claim and are not liable for unexpected costs which may arise if you are being charged on an hourly rate.
- If the case settles before work has been undertaken we will only charge you for the work that has actually been incurred. We do not charge you the full fixed fee.
- You can also spread payments of the fees to us. We are able to offer you a payment plan so that the costs are affordable over a longer period of time.
What costs are not covered in our fixed fee package?
The fixed fee does not include the instruction of professional experts and their attendance at a Tribunal hearing. These costs will need to be separately arranged and funded. We can assist you in identifying and instructing the experts required.