The Children and Families Act 2014 prescribes that all local authorities must provide independent mediation and disagreement resolution services to help when parents/carers, young people, schools and the local authority cannot agree on how to meet a child/young person’s special educational needs.

We provide services to the following subscribing local authorities and health commissioners:

If your local authority or health commissioner is not listed above then we are happy for you to talk to them about our services. In the meantime we would advise you to look at your local authority’s local offer page for details of the provision they have made in relation to mediation and disagreement resolution services in the first instance.