The SEND system has long been considered by some to be akin to a "maze" or "minefield". The successful navigation depending on your knowledge of the system. 

At SEN4You you no longer have to navigate a maze or minefield. We can help you to avoid getting into such a situation by providing you with pro-active advice and support. Our approach is to seek the early identification and resolution of disputes without you incurring unnecessary legal fees and the prospects of an appeal to the SEND Tribunal. 

We provide general SEND advice across a wide range of area, including: 

  • Disputes with the educational setting about the support being provided to a child or young person;
  • Advice on when to seek an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment; 
  • The timescales by which local authorities must make decisions and what to do when they fail to do so. 
  • Advice on the contents of Education, Health and Care Plans. 
  • Changing schools or the educational setting;
  • Challenging the support provided by health and social care services;
  • How to approach and manage the Annual review process where your son/daughter has an Education, Health and Care Plan;
  • Your entitlement to receive a personal budget for children and young people with Education, Health and Care Plans;
  • Complaints to the Local Government Ombudsman where the local authority has failed to properly administer your son/daughter's Education, Health and Care Plan; and
  • Using disagreement resolution services to resolve disputes with schools or the local authority.